Yoga Instructor – Recess Fitness Club
I am thrilled to have the opportunity to offer yoga and mindfulness classes at RECESS FITNESS CLUB. If you’re looking to achieve physical and mental balance along with your fitness goals, yoga would be a great supplement to your wellness regimen. Benefits of yoga include physical AND mental strength, brain and heart health, flexibility, balance, postural and body awareness, bone strength, and relaxation.
I am a certified yoga therapist and mindfulness educator as well as a physical therapist with over 23 years of experience at a local trauma hospital. My passion is to educate and self-empower clients to live a joyful and balanced life through mindful yoga and healthy habits. I design and teach classes and workshops to groups of adults and children where participants learn simple mind-body practices to help manage stress, prevent burnout, and optimize their overall health and well-being.
My personal journey with yoga and mindfulness as a practitioner and teacher is continually evolving. I initially took yoga classes for the physical benefits, but then noticed the subtle transition into my mental wellness program. As I added mindfulness training, I became aware of the benefits of emotional balance, which helped me quickly heal from surgical intervention for breast cancer. I consider it a privilege to be able to share my mindfulness and yoga skills with clients to help them experience optimal life balance.
When I am not working, I enjoy family time with my husband and daughter, nature walks with our dog, and hobbies of crafting, tap dancing, and roller skating. I also volunteer at Operation Kindness and Solar Preparatory School for Girls.
I’m looking forward to meeting you on the mat!
- Brain Longevity®️Specialist – Alzheimer’s Research and Prevention Foundation
- The Growing Up Mindful Level 1 Certification – Dr. Christopher Willard
- Mindfulness Certification Training™️- Dallas Yoga Center
- Yoga Therapist Certification – International Association of Yoga Therapists
- 500 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher Certification – Yoga Alliance
- Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (License #1129617)